Date: Saturday, Oct 12th, 3PM – 8 PM
Venue: Yesler Community Center
Registration Deadline: Friday, Oct 4th
Ball Type: 7″ Foam
Competition Level: All levels welcome
Cost: $25 per player
Supporting the Community
Proceeds from The Grand Ball support the local non-profit, Ali’s Prom Project, which provides the opportunity for every teen to attend prom regardless of financial circumstances. Below is what Ali’s Prom Project is in need of:
1. Jewelry / Accessories
2. Gently used Prom Dresses (Plus Sizes needed)
3. Women’s Heels / Shoes
4. Add a donation to your tournament registration
Welcome to the Grand Ball, Dodgeball Seattle’s All-Women’s Dodgeball Tournament. Registered players will be drafted onto teams for fair play and the best playing experience. Your captains will lead with fun, integrity, and great spirit. Teams will compete in a round robin and then a double-elimination bracket to become belles of the Grand Ball.
We will bring snacks, you bring the game!
- All women and female identifying players are welcome.
- Matches will be 6v6, but could change dependent on registration numbers.
- Seven balls, ten second burden count on the team with the ball majority.
- Court Dimensions: 70′ long and 28′ wide, and have ~25′ throw lines.
- Headshots are illegal.
- Round robin matches will be timed rounds of 12min.
- Seeding will be based on the following: Match record, head to head, game win %, spirit.
- KO rounds will be double elimination best of 5. The championship will be a winner-take-all best of 7 championship match, where the team from the winner’s bracket starts with a one game advantage.
Registration is $25 USD per player.
Scholarships are available for any players in need. Please e-mail: Farm.firstname.lastname@example.org
- This will be a 7″ foam tournament using mostly DBSEA Rec Foam League rules, with the following exceptions:
- Balls: We will be playing with seven balls instead of six.
- Match Length: RR / KO match lengths are adjusted (See Tournament Format).
- Blocking: While blocking, fingers are safe. Your hands, wrists, and forearms are out.