Date: Saturday, May 25th, 9 AM – 7 PM
Venue: Shoreline Community College
Registration Deadline: Monday, May 7th
Cost: $200 per team
Max # of Teams: 24
History of the Classic
The Classic began in 2010 with the goal of becoming the annual city championship. The early years drew teams from around the area; Seattle, Bellevue, Tacoma, Lacey(WA), and as far as Corvallis, but the first five champions were all teams from Portland, Oregon. In 2016, a Seattle team finally won the tournament, lifting the curse on the city. The Classic has quickly become the annual celebration of dodgeball in the NW giving teams the opportunity to meet, play, compete, and party together. Join us this year in celebrating this special game we play and wonderful community that has grown around it.
Last Year’s Tournament
Last year’s tournament was our biggest yet with 20 teams playing on six courts. After a full day of competition, The Reign Bros. of Portland were crowned the champions by going undefeated through the elimination bracket.
Spirit of the Game
The Classic is community focused and a notch below Elite Dodgeball in terms of competitiveness. Top teams are discouraged from bringing their Elite rosters. The 2018 champs, Reign Bros., have stated they will be splitting up for this year’s event.
Past tournaments have hosted teams from: Chicago, San Diego, Los Angeles, Vancouver (BC), Surrey (BC), Phoenix, San Francisco, Sacramento, Spokane, Portland, Eugene, Corvallis, Olympia, and Bellevue. If you’re thinking of traveling to this year’s tournament, let us know and we will help you make it happen.
- 6v6, with no max roster size.
- Six balls, ten second burden count on the team with the ball majority. The one off-colored ball will determine the burden when both teams have 3 balls.
- Each team must start the game with at least 2 men and 2 women on the court.
- Court Dimensions: 50′ long and 25′ wide, with 20 foot throw lines.
- Round robin matches will be timed rounds of 12min.
- Seeding will be based on the following: Match record, head to head, game win %, spirit.
- KO rounds will be double elimination best of 5. The championship will be a winner-take-all best of 7 championship match, where the team from the winner’s bracket starts with a one game advantage.
Note: Registration Opens on Tuesday March, 12th at 7:00pm PST.
- This will be a coed rubber 8.5″ tournament using mostly Elite Dodgeball rules, with the following exceptions:
- RR / KO match lengths are adjusted (See Tournament Format)
- Direct headshots on standing players are illegal.
- While blocking, fingers are safe. Your hands, wrist, and forearms are out.
- Referees can allow players to reenter the court if they have stepped out in good faith.
- Successful flight kills are allowed to remain in the game.