The Seattle Seven
7 inch dodgeball tournament
The Seattle Seven is a one day tournament aimed at introducing 7 inch foam balls to the Seattle Dodgeball community. This will be a draft-style tournament with a 12 team cap (maximum of 8 players per team) and no gender requirements.
Date: January 27th, 8:30 AM – 5:30 PM
Venue: International District/Chinatown Community Center
Registration Deadline: Saturday, January 19th
Cost: $20 registration per person + $5 optional donation
Questions: firstname.lastname@example.org or Keenan.email@example.com
- This will be a draft-style tournament, using mostly WDBF rules: https://bit.ly/2ApIuhF
- Court Dimensions: 59 feet with a hard center line & 9 ft. check line. Three courts playing at once.
- Head shots are still legal, but highly discouraged.
- Fingers are safe, but hands are out (knuckles up).
- Shagging: Competitive League style. No holding balls outside the court.
- Rounds are timed, enters no-block if game is in progress at the buzzer.
- Balls thrown before buzzer are live (can still be caught and get people out after the buzzer), everything after is not.
- No neutral zone, only check lines.
- Players start with one foot on the back-line, other foot in the court.
- Back foot cannot lift until whistle starts the game.
- Lines are lava
- Balls and players are live until dead (multi-outs, no saves, can still throw after being hit, etc.)
- Burden is ball count, then player count, then team that didn’t throw last, then team that won last, in that order.
- Any throw from either team resets burden count.
- Throws need to be at a player. You can’t reset the count by chucking a ball high or way off target.